The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) is a scholarship scheme launched by the Government of India to provide financial assistance to the dependent wards of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), Assam Rifles (AR), and State/Union Territory (UT) Police personnel who are martyred during Terror/Naxal attacks. The scholarship scheme is also open to the dependent wards of ex-servicemen and ex-coast guard personnel who have died in harness.
To be eligible for the PMSS 2023-24, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Indian citizen
- Age: 18-25 years as on 01.08.2023
- Educational Qualification: Passed Class 12th from a recognized board with at least 60% marks.
- Parental Income: The annual family income of the candidate must be less than Rs. 10 lakh.
- Category: The candidate must be a dependent ward of a Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), Assam Rifles (AR), or State/Union Territory (UT) Police personnel who is martyred during Terror/Naxal attacks, or a dependent ward of an ex-serviceman or ex-coast guard personnel who has died in harness.
The PMSS 2023-24 will provide the following benefits to the selected candidates:
- Tuition fee reimbursement
- Maintenance allowance
- Book allowance
- Laptop/computer allowance
- Reader allowance
- Hostel subsidy
- Travel allowance
The PMSS 2023-24 application form will be available online on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The online application process will start in November 2023 and will close in December 2023.
How to Apply
To apply for the PMSS 2023-24, candidates must follow the steps below:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) website.
- Register yourself on the NSP website.
- Click on the “Login” button and enter your login credentials.
- Click on the “Apply for Scholarship” button.
- Select the PMSS 2023-24 scholarship scheme from the list of scholarships.
- Fill up the online application form and upload the required documents.
- Review your application form and submit it.
- Start of online application process: November 2023
- End of online application process: December 2023
- Announcement of results: February 2024
Tips for Preparing for the PMSS 2023-24
Here are some tips for preparing for the PMSS 2023-24:
- Understand the eligibility criteria and selection process.
- Collect all the required documents, including the death certificate of the parent, income certificate, and academic transcripts.
- Start preparing early and make a study plan.
- Use good quality study materials.
- Practice regularly and take mock tests.
- Proofread your application form carefully before submitting it.
The PMSS 2023-24 is a great opportunity for the dependent wards of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), Assam Rifles (AR), State/Union Territory (UT) Police personnel, and ex-servicemen and ex-coast guard personnel to pursue higher education. If you are eligible and interested in the scholarship, start preparing today. With hard work and dedication, you can achieve your goal of becoming a scholar.